Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: 417-8H Series II Speaker Info

  1. #1
    Inactive Member pennalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi there. I am new to the board here. I am looking for some more information on the Altec 417-8H Series II loudspeaker. Does anyone here have any links or info? I am also interested in buying a few more. Any for sale? Why don't they reissue this speaker? Thank you!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    417-8H Series II Speaker Info


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Great Plains Audio IS making the 417 on the original tooling - right now!

    Here is a picture of one I took with the background still in place (I'm making new literature sheets for it for Bill @ GPA and haven't worked on the photo yet) -

    417 8A

    Give him a call at (405) 789-0221 - you'll be amazed the price AND the performance!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Beauty! Is it AlNiCo or Ferrite?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member pennalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I will give Bill @ Great Plains Audio a call. Can you tell me if this is based on the Series II model or the earlier gray back version? I really like the Series II speaker! Can you also give me an estimate of what these cost? Thank you very much for the info!!!

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    This is alnico. It's performance is identical to the Altec 417-8H, series II.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 417 - Alnico's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2003
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Use the search feature on this forum..quite a lot of specs.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Inactive Member airboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All that info and not one Theile-Small parameter. Waaaaaaaa! If I have to go through measuring this cotton pickin thing (8C)I'm gonna charge you all a nickel a piece to view it.

    Who has TS on the 417 series????

    Nice work 417 Alnico!!!

    Thanks
    Dan

  10. #10
    Inactive Member hmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2005
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/Thiele-Small.html
    They have the 417-16lf which is likely a 16 ohm version
    Harry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.